Friday, December 12, 2008

i miss xmas

Right now, my head feels like there is a mountain exploding in the sides but my skull is too thick to let it splatter through so the pressure is all in there
My nose feels harassed My eyes are ablaze Gleaming thru an ashen face and its taking me longer than it should to finish writing this bse i have to reach for my hanky every so often to ease the nose of an unsustainable load
if i were i scientist, i would want to see what features the flu virus has; they must stick out like daggers. must be a furious bugger this virus; tirelessly aiming blow after blow on its victims....

anyway, someone just asked me what i have planned for xmas and i realised i didn't have the slightest clue what. i realised i plan more for my brothers birthday 7 days before xmas than i do for xmas.

but it wasnt always that way
when i was younger, xmas was real; there was the tree which was what i understood as xmas for sometime, the new cloths, knowing mum would be in the kitchen; the guaranteed rice and chicken meal (the xmas one always tested different, good), biscuits, sweets and the festive feeling that came with the xmas visitors

There was xmas then, you felt it in the air without having to plan or make an effort to
Now, when i don't buy myself a new dress no one does, i know the xmas tree for what it really is; a tree with shinny decorations, rice and chicken is not as exciting anymore, and the visitors are all old and bored; none brings u any gifts beyond cards.

where is the grown ups' xmas? what is it? when does this transition btn childhood and adulthood which doesn't seem to have xmas come to pass?

12 comments:

Tandra said...

boots...

lemme go think up a worthy response

Della said...

Man, I also miss those childhoood christmases when it was al about vimto and chicken and schweppes and cotton and toilet paper decorations on the xmas tree.

*sigh* yup. the good ole days.

How you doing Miss Silver?

And please remove this google only comment thing. You're missing out on the comment luuv.

King. http://rogueking.com

lulu said...

i know, now all i want to do on christmas is work and work coz\ its more fun... imagine that!

King said...

Man, I also miss those childhoood christmases when it was al about vimto and chicken and schweppes and cotton and toilet paper decorations on the xmas tree.

*sigh* yup. the good ole days.

How you doing Miss Silver?

And please remove this google only comment thing. You're missing out on the comment luuv.

King. http://rogueking.com

SilverBow said...

@tandra: hey gal? warup?think think think....

@lulu; hiiiiiiiii...u console me,thout i was juts being a bore!

@rogueking;how hav eu been/ i'm better now, but missed out on our end of year party bse of that relentless flu virus.i have tried to remove the comments limits meanwhile.thanks for the advice otherwise.cant access any of yo blogs most times tho

Princess said...

Solomon!!! You have a new alter called Della?!
WTF!

*Was watching Kungfu Panda the other day, I quoth:
"The secret ingredient for my noodle soup? It is nothing! You just have to believe something is special to make it special."

Christmas need not die. Ever.
Happy holidays! And do get well soon.

Ugandan girl said...

lol @Dalla..you also did toilet paper decorations....i thought it was only my family that did..lol..
I miss xmas too...havent felt the xmas spirit yet...oh boy

Anonymous said...

whoa!!!!
SK had a christmas party???!!!!
WHEN???

Unknown said...

People....childlike faith is what we all need now...and christmas will come alive!!

Get out those Christmas movies! Go get the cds, the books, go back to the Bible, etc etc...friends, feel the love, love, love!!

Anonymous said...

Me I do not miss any of the childhood x-masses, It's much better now than before..I get to do & eat what I want.

I hate the flu, it has tortured me since the cold winds came in. So I've been feeling like that for a while now to such an extent am getting used to it.

My presents and tree are already done, Am only waiting for the snow and I hope Santa has not been laid off because of the current economic zibs

SilverBow said...

Wait up all ya; who had which party that i wasnt at? SK? explain yoself.
by the way, i'm ok now, finally i won over the bugger.

and i'm resolved to make this xmas work for me, thanks Nevender, Princess and Ug.gal. Emi's u had beta start to look at that xmas tree like u're sharing it with this buddy here bse she,moi, doesnt have one. YET.
merry xmas blogcville;u are my love world for this season.

Anonymous said...

hey, tandra, the boondocks suck and everyone knows it...